Tuesday 10 January 2012

Thrill

The run home felt like a marathon of blood and sweat. After I shot the thing, I ran for my life. Did I honestly think I could outrun it? Hell no, but I wasn't going down without a fight.

A good few minutes of running later, when I was maybe a tenth of the way home, I turned to look back. It wasn't there. I was relieved. Of course, then I turned around again and spotted a tree that wasn't there before.

The bastard didn't even have a bullet hole from where I shot him. Then again, could I honestly tell if I had shot him? For all I know, I completely missed. I made sure not to miss this time, watching him as he recoiled. And then I ran faster.

I didn't hear from him besides a constant rustling behind me until I got home and locked my door tight.

I'm currently typing this out and looking out the window alternatively. I saw him after I posted my last entry, but when I began typing this one, he disappeared. He can't get in. I locked the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment